Welcome to REPP.org, the best e-cigarette review site on the internet!
My name is John Repp, founder of repp.org. In the past few years, our expert review team has researched and reviewed countless vapor cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, personal vaporizers, e-liquids, and disposables. You name it and we've seen it.
Without further ado, we present you with the Top 5 E Cig Brands based on our extensive expert and real customer reviews.
Top 5 E Cig Brands Table
It’s no longer a question. Electronic cigarettes are here and they’re here to stay. The number of people who have made the switch from traditional cigarettes is growing every day. In fact, you probably even know someone who has made the switch from tobacco to smokeless cigarettes.
As a result of the e-cig boom, there are hundreds, if not thousands of companies now selling e-cigarettes. Established brands like Blu, Green Smoke, V2 Cigs, and NJOY are now owned by giant tobacco companies. New companies are starting up every day.
So, how are you supposed to make a decision with so many e cigarette brands?
Good question and I’m glad you’re here. Many people either buy whatever is available at their local Walmart or click the first link they find in Google.
Unfortunately, most e cigarette brands are not worth your money. Quality standards are low for average e-cig company. In truth, there are only a few brands that really stand out from the crowd.
#1 Green Smoke
Green Smoke is the best e cig brand on the market. They offer the full package - great taste, high vapor volume, and excellent customer service. They offer top quality e-cigarettes at value prices.
- Rich, Thick, Flavored Vapor – Flavor is king with e-cigarettes and Green Smoke has nailed it. Their testing and quality control is extreme with a team of engineers, chemists, and developers all working in the US.
- High Quality – From the moment you open the lid on your starter kit box, you won’t have any question. Green Smoke has a high quality feel.
- Look and Feel – If you’re making the switch, some have found it helpful to have an e-cig that mimics your traditional cigarettes.
- Recycling Program – You won’t expect a brand like Green Smoke to be ok with waste. Go Green with their cartridge recycling program and earn points for free cartridges.
With these features and innovative technology and products, it’s not hard to see why Green Smoke has been one of the top brands for several years.
We recommend the Pro kit, which is Green Smoke’s most popular starter kit. It’s a great value which includes 2 rechargeable batteries, 10 flavor cartridges, 1 USB cigarette, USB Charger, Home and Car Adapters. As a bonus, Green Smoke will add a Free Deluxe carrying case to your Pro Kit order.
Click to visit the official Green Smoke website: http://greensmoke.com
For more information on Green Smoke including user reviews, read our full review. Before you leave, make sure to grab one of our coupons to get the best price on your e-cig. We have exclusive codes for up to 20% off starter kits.
#2 V2 Cigs
V2 Cigs is another one of the top e cig brands for many great reasons. They offer several unique features you won’t find anywhere else.
- Great Flavors – With 10+ nicotine flavor cartridge choices including their popular V2 Red, which is a great alternative to traditional cigarette brands like Marlboro, Pall Mall, and Winston.
- Huge Product Selection – With 6 kit choices, 10 flavors, 5 nicotine strengths, 4 batteries and multiple color and switch types, you will have all the options you want.
- New EX Battery and Cartridges – The new EX series is truly innovative. Batteries now have new colors and sleeve design options, LED battery level indicators, and more power than ever before.
- Customer Support – V2’s customer service team is one of the best in the business. Call, email, or live chat to get your questions answered.
The V2 Standard Plus kit which adds a personal charging case to their standard 2 rechargeable battery, 10 cartridge starter kit is a great deal. Take a look around at the other options too. There is lots to see and plenty to like about V2 Cigs.
Click to visit the V2 Cigs website: http://v2cigs.com
#3 Bull Smoke
Bull Smoke e-cigs are cheap, but not in a bad way. I don’t know how they do it, but they are able to offer high quality kits at rock bottom prices. The brand has really grown over time starting from a single product store, to a full range of cartridges, batteries, and disposables.
- Low Prices – It’s worth saying again. If you want a legit starter kit with the standard 2 batteries and 10 cartridges for the lowest prices available, this is the brand for you.
- No Bull Style – You’re not going to forget Bull Smoke’s branding with ranch style and white, silver, orange, and black battery options. It’s easy to make this mimic a tobacco cigarette style.
- No Bull Quality – Bull Smoke’s batteries are 4.2V letting you get a think vapor with every puff.
If you can’t afford one of the higher ranked kits, Bull Smoke is still a good options. Their tobacco flavor is rich and thick, making it a great alternative to traditional cigarettes.
Click to visit the Bull Smoke website: http://bullsmoke.com
If you want to read our readers reviews and opinions or just to learn more about Bull Smoke, read our expert review. We’re also offering an exclusive coupon code for 20% off everything in the store, to bring the already low price down even more.
#4 Vapor Zone
Vapor Zone is a new brand owned by the same company as South Beach Smoke. Their e-cigs are a great option for advanced, hardcore vapers who want upgraded technology with customization and loads of features.
- Cutting-Edge Technologies – Do the terms Variable voltage, RMS, and Mean Value Voltage get you excited? If so, you are a true e-cig affectionate and Vapor Zone is the brand for you.
- Maximum Throat Hit – With more control comes more complexity but also more vapor production and throat hit. Before you jump in, remember this is not recommended for beginners.
- Custom E-Liquid Blends – Want to choose from a signature flavor or make your own e-liquid cocktail? The Vapor Zone team is ready to meet your request with up to 3 flavors.
We recommend the Vapor Zone Pulse since it’s the only vaporizer kit that includes two batteries. Check out the Vapor Zone Rebel for maximum control and customization. Vaporizer kits don’t work with cartridges, so don’t forget to add some e-liquid to your cart before you place your order.
Click to visit the Vapor Zone website: http://vaporzone.com
To learn more about each of the unique starter kits available and to see how other users rank Vapor Zone, read our full review. We also have an exclusive coupon code for 10% off all Vapor Zone e-cigs, so you can save some money.
#5 White Cloud
White Cloud is always pushing the limits of e-cig technology advancement. With products engineered and made in the USA, White Cloud is one of the leading e cig brands.
- Long Lasting Battery – White Cloud takes battery design and precision to a whole new level resulting in batteries that last up to 5 times longer than some other brands. Their chargers are also specially designed to recharge faster.
- Invisi-Vapor – New low-vapor technology allows you to have a discrete vaping experience while getting the same smooth flavor and nicotine.
- Nicotine Strength Options – White Cloud cartridges are offered in six different nicotine levels. You can get a cartridge with anywhere from lots to zero nicotine, or anything in between.
White Cloud offers kits designed for all situations. Try the Cirrus 3 if you’re a lighter smoker who wants a compact e-cig, or the Cirrus 3X if you want to test the limits of battery life with a longer e-cig.
Click to visit the White Cloud website: http://whitecloudelectroniccigarettes.com
To get more information on the starter kits offered as well as learn more about their batteries and cartridges, read our full White Cloud review. Also, make sure to get our 15% off coupon code before you leave our site.
E Cig Brands Not in the Top 5
There are some surprisingly popular brands that just don’t meet our standards. These are brands that you may see for sale at the gas station or liquor store. Not surprisingly, these are also the smokeless cigarette brands with the flashy ads on the internet, radio, or TV.
We don’t want you to settle for a poor quality electronic cigarette.
We definitely don’t want you to become so frustrated with a poor quality brand that you go back to tobacco cigarettes.
I can’t count the number of complaints I’ve heard about Blu Cigs. They are one of the largest e-cig brands and now owned by the same billion dollar company that sells tobacco brands like Newport, Kent, and True. As such, they are funded by a huge marketing division and distribution network.
They have done a great job of creating a stylish electronic vaping device. Their last major development was to create a new charging case, which is actually really cool. I just wish they would make a few of the other important components of their product.
- Poor Battery Life – It’s not uncommon to get a battery that won’t hold much of a charge.
- Poor Value – Their kits are fairly expensive without many cartridges included.
- No Longer Available Online – Some products like the Starter Pack is now only sold in retail stores.
- Poor Customer Service – Many customers have left Blu due to bad customer service. It’s no wonder they no longer offer a 30 day money back guarantee like our top ranked brands.
It’s a shame since Blu clearly has the funding to do some great product development. Unfortunately, it seems they don’t really care about their customers. It seems their top priority is to turn a profit.
As one of the first brands to bring e cigs to the public, NJOY has had an interesting history. When they first started, they quickly became a popular brand. Over time, because of poor satisfaction, non existent customer service, and lack of innovation, they dwindled to a almost unknown brand. Recently, they were bought by x, who rebranded the company with the NJOY King.
The NJOY King is a different kind of electronic nicotine delivery system. They are a glorified disposable, which lures you in with a low initial price, but you never see the cost benefits of the typical starter kit.
- Expensive – Even though there’s a low initial cost, you will end up paying more than if you invested in a starter kit with batteries you can recharge yourself.
- Lack of Cartridge Options – NJOY only offers two flavors, tobacco and menthol. They don’t offer a light or zero nicotine options either. That may be ok for some people, but with so many favor options to try, why not choose a brand with some variety.
- Lack of Product Selection – With a rechargeable single starter kit, NJOY really limits your options. That’s not a big deal because we’re not interested anyway.
Like Blu, NJOY seems to be making a pretty penny off uninformed vapers. It’s hard to blame someone for seeing an e-cig in their local Walgreens or Walmart and becoming an NJOY customer.
Lucky for us, Safe Cig is no longer in business. What once was a very popular brand has now become discontinued. It seems internal disputes, mismanagement, and greed led the company into the ground. They have since been sold and rebranded as Seminoles.
They once had a decent design, but always had struggles with customer service. Now we know why. You can take the best personal vaporizer ever made, but if it takes a month for shipping, and you can’t get a refill cartridge to save your life, the brand still isn’t going to make our top 5 list.
Your Favorite Cigarette Brand Flavors
If you’re making the switch from traditional cigarettes, we recommend choosing a matching cartridge flavor and nicotine strength. Here are the best options for your e cigarette cartridge flavors.
- Marlboro – V2 Red
- Newport – Green Smoke Menthol Ice
- Camel – Bull Smoke Turkish Tobacco
- Pall Mall – Green Smoke Absolute Tobacco
- Winston – Bull Smoke Refined Blend
- Parliament – V2 Congress
If you choose a brand and you can’t find a match, don’t let that stop you. Experienced vapers commonly say they would never prefer the taste of their old tobacco cigs when they find an e-liquid flavor they like.
For nicotine strength, here’s a general rule of thumb to match you’re tobacco cigarette strength.
- 3.6%+ - Double Extra, Unfiltered
- 2.4% - Bold, Strong, Extra
- 1.8% - Full Flavor
- 1.2% - Light, Gold
- 0.6% - Ultra-Light, Silver
- 0% - Nicotine Free, Zero
Our Ranking Factors
How do we select and rank the top 5 electronic cigarette brands? There’s a few important factors can make or break a brand’s rating. A few of the factors we consider include:
- Overall – Price, Customer Service, Shipping, Product Quality and Selection
- Design – Look, Feel, Colors, and Packaging
- Cartridges – Taste, Consistency, and Flavor Variety
- Batteries – Power, Life, Charge time
For more information on each of our rating factors and review process, visit our e cigarette review page.
We Want Your Opinion
If you’ve tried any e-cigarette brand listed on our site, we want to know your opinion. User reviews are valuable, and we’re giving away $100 every month to a reader who leaves a review of at least 100 words on our site.
Please, if you use our site to choose and try an e-cigarette, come back after a few days and give your feedback to help others make a decision. We want to know the good and bad. Let it all out!
Remember to enter your name and real email address so we can contact you if your review is selected as the $100 winner of the month.